Thursday, May 7, 2009

Twitter

After I reasoned to never be a part of something called, "twitter," I must admit, I'm totally hooked to this new social networking phenomenon. Although it started in 2006, I just found out about this new networking tool. At first I was skeptical and considered it to be immensely egocentric (in which it can be), but I decided to use it rather to find links, books, blogs, and to stay connected with my community of peeps. Today, I'm actually sick at home, and my two small group leaders have used Twitter to encourage and pray for me. That's awesome!

Basically, Twitter is similar to Facebook status updates, telling people what your doing, think, reading, etc. You can only write up to 140 character per "tweet" to inform people, so that makes it concise and short. You choose who you would like to follow, and others choose whether or not they would like to follow you. It's a brilliant concept already used by our church, small group, staff, and other ministry networks. On the left side of my page, you can read my latest "tweets."

If you aren't on Twitter, jump on board. I'm sure you'll love it!

No comments: